Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service (“Users”).
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these key terms first. Your privacy matters to XONIO so please do take the time to get to know our practice.
I. Information we collect
We collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and mobile phone number when you register for an account on the Service;
- Identity and proof of address documents, as part of XONIO’s comprehensive and thorough know-your-customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering (AML) compliance framework.
- Analytics information:
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- We may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) in connection with the use of the Service to collect usage, demographic and geographical location data. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel that is ordinarily not visible to users and may be associated with Cookies on a user’s hard drive. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of our website necessary to help us determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when activated, signals to websites that you do not want to be tracked. We do not currently respond to them due to lack of accepted standard on how to respond to DNT signals.
- Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or application. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or application is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Device identifiers:
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by XONIO.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us about how you browse and use the Service and may help us provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
II. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- Improve our Services – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- Improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- Send periodic emails – the email address you provide us may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your account, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, and related product or service information.
- Meet regulatory and/or compliance obligations – we are required to verify your identity and obtain additional information when your account transacts in prepaid airtime credits.
III. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
- Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Singapore where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
IV. CHANGES YOUR INFORMATION
For accessing your information, updating your information or for any privacy or data-protection-related questions, you may write to email@example.com.
V. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) with no parental consent or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 18 without parental consent. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
VI. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
VIII. HOW TO CONTACT US